The past few months have sort of been a blur. Time
feels like it is moving faster every day. I just changed my calendar to
November today and it is already half way through the month. I’m not sure what we are doing differently
but I don’t remember being this busy before.
Today I took a few seconds to slow down and think
about what time of the year it is. I dreaded November because I knew it would bring
up so many different emotions since this was the month Abigail was conceived
last year but so far I have let those thoughts stay in the back of my
mind. I decided that it was time to
bring them to the forefront. Facing
painful moments or hard memories is never easy but it is so necessary to the
healing process.
I did not know it, but at this very moment last year
God was knitting our sweet Abigail together in my womb. That verse, Psalm
139:13 “For you
created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb,” has
always meant a lot to me. I have read it
many times to remind myself of the truth that I am beautifully created by God
and that I have a very important purpose.
I guess, not being a mother until Abigail, I didn’t think much about the
meaning of the verse from the mother’s perspective. I always read the verse
from the perspective of the baby being knit together as a reference to myself
but as I read it now it has a whole new meaning.
God was carefully crafting her together. Every
detail of her little body He knew and He had a purpose for. He loved and wanted
Abigail so much that he chose me to be her mommy so He could create her life. He
chose Dave to be her daddy. He chose my womb to knit her together. He chose 5
weeks to be her life span on this earth. He chose Heaven to be her home.
I know that the next few weeks will hold great
significance for us. Each day brings a new realization that she was with us at
this point one year ago. She was living inside of me one year ago. I did not even know of her at this point but I already loved her. I look forward with humility to honoring her
in the next few weeks as we mark a few anniversaries of her life and the beginning
of her life in Heaven. I also look with sadness as each day passes. Each day I
remember that she was being knit together by the great Creator at this very
moment one year ago. I know He rejoices over her now and I am sure He rejoiced
over her with every stroke of His creating hand.
I love that verse. I this things are extremely difficult right now. Just remember that I love you. And that God is knitting a baby for you right now. Abigail has such a wonderful earthly mother and is looking down on you.
ReplyDelete